Electric fuel pump

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has it been decided on what is the preferred electric fuel pump or is it still under review? My facet lift pump is giving me trouble and was looking for options

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Walbro FRB-5, FRB-13 or FRB-22 (with a regulator when running a 22, as the 22 puts out more psi then our injection pumps want or need)

Last edited:

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
The holley red pumps don't require a regulator, and they are able to be rebuilt with a kit. I think most guys are either running holley or facet pumps, but it seems the facets aren't as durable from what I've heard. I use the holley pumps and like them.

Rock

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone posted this here on a “facet” post. Can’t find it now. Thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems the walbro is gaining on holley...
when my facet pissed me of in the rockies,
I did a holley red.
Search e pump here and you will see this has not been completely suss out yet ,nor stickied yet @snicklas ...
We could use a serious thread!
Seems it's hard to land on the one thread sayin "faccett can give issues"

71 Highboy

Reaction score
Has it been decided on what is the preferred electric fuel pump or is it still under review? My facet lift pump is giving me trouble and was looking for options
I have been using this carter in combination with the factory lift pump for 29 years with no issues. Powered by the old coil wire when the key is on. Allows easy priming of the fuel system thru the Schrader valve. FWIW

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
The holley red pumps don't require a regulator

For some odd reason, I had to put a regulator for the Holley Red on my RV because the higher pressure (vs mechanical) was messing with the timing enough that the top end power was gone, and I couldn't get much beyond 55-60mph, even with the pedal to the floor. Low end was ok but did feel different too.

I put a cheap "dial" style Mr Gasket regulator and it fixed the problem by dropping it by 1-2 psi. Some reviews complain that it leaks badly after a short time, but so far it's been good on mine for almost a year now. I have it mounted down very low and easy to reach, so if it leaks, it won't drip on anything electrical or very hot. It will drip directly to the ground.

Last edited:

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most Subaru guys are running Walbros on high hp applications with little issue. I had one on mine and changed it out for a larger DeatschWerks when I stepped from 585 to 1100CC injectors. The DW was equally as reliable and built well.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Don't get out much???

So much talk they made this up!

Well shoot, how the heck did I miss those topics? I had read one article some time ago by Mr. Agnem about how electronic pumps influence IP timing somewhat but didnt think it was that big of an issue and could be corrected.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It used to be a hot commodity. Then people started turning pumps up and the carrier/facet can't keep up.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online

No members online now.