electric choke issues

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'm dealing with the electric choke on my 82 variable venturi carburator, these things are a mystery to me much like the origin of the universe or the female mind, I've fiddled with it but I can't figure out why it won't seem to set, any pointers or diagnosis ideas?

sassyrel

Reaction score
I'm dealing with the electric choke on my 82 variable venturi carburator, these things are a mystery to me much like the origin of the universe or the female mind, I've fiddled with it but I can't figure out why it won't seem to set, any pointers or diagnosis ideas?

the female mind..impossible!!:rotflmao the electric choke, is run by a key hot wire. as soon as you start it,,the wire is hot,,and starts to heat the element. you set the coil like normal exhaust heat ones.shine the outside of the choke cover where the triangle touches the cover,,that is ground. also the inside of the triangulated piece that holds the cover on. D O N T do this with sandpaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do it with steel wool,,you just want to polish it!! this should make the bimetalic coil work. if not,something inside the cover is wacky...also make sure the wire to the cover is getting power..