egr

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I read here before that the egr does more harm than good and some disconnect it, what is procedure for disconnecting the egr? What will happen when I do, will I get the engine light? What else do I disconnect along with the egr? Am I missing something.

Thank You.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might get a SES light zeke, but its as simple as it seems. Unplug the connector is all. You might want to pull the valve and clean it too.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SES will stay on until you get a tune to turn it off on the 05' and later mostly (i have seen two that dont throw a code). Agreeded clean that thing i bet its purdy nasty! Yes true it does more harm than good but just because it is disconnected doesnt mean all your problems are gone.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy the delete kit, they install a plug where your valve goes and it blocks off the EGR cooler, i don't think its to pricey. Then buy a tune that turns it off, its such a horrible system, and even when

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You, where can I get that plug? I had the egr replaced on warranty since the truck would start to just blow gray/blue smoke some time even white and loose all power/guts and some times it would clear but then come back out of the blue so they replaced it. I read so much about taking it off that I thought it would be a good idea and help with th fuel mileage. I read some place else that is raises the engine temp so I will get some gauges on this thing to make sure it doesn't burn down bc I got inspired.

TorqueDiesel60

Reaction score
Ya defininetly ditch the EGR! Its a plague on diesels. It throw way to much heat in the coolant and subsiquently the rest of the engine, which can blow head gaskets after the head studs fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online