EBC Brake Experiences?

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to decide on pads and rotors for my truck. I don't do heavy towing, just haul a camper around mostly. It seems like the EBC kits yellowstuff pads and slotted rotors are the high dollar option. Anyone actually put any EBC brakes on their trucks? Jim

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've heard people like them.
Biggest thing I can recall is the drilled/slotted rotors seem to warp/crack easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well as it turns out, EBC doesn't make a rotor for my truck. No wonder there wasn't much response! Will use the EBC Greenstuff 7000 pads with OEM rotors.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
How do they feel?
New calipers? Or did you just paint yours?
Can't tell, and without looking at what year truck you have, are yours held in with the bolts? Or the older slide pins you drive in?

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the '97 in my signature, and yes they used the bolt design rather than the slide in pins that were on my '94. The calipers are NAPA rebuilds. I called two of my local Ford dealers and neither one sold the caliper pistons and rebuild kits anymore. I haven't got a chance to try them out yet. I'm wondering if the new stainless steel brake lines are going to make any noticeable difference.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If the old ones were pretty cruddy, yes. Should feel a firmer pedal.
I think I may swap to the newer bolt in design. Just better every way you look at it. Lol

I have seen drilled/slotted/dimpled/etc rotors for these. Seems some like them, some don't. Most common complaint I see is cracking.

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I like these new brakes a lot! Just now in St. Regis Montana heading back home after a loop through Idaho with the camper. One descent into Dworshak State Park was a 10% grade for a couple of miles. I got some fade at the bottom, but not bad really. I'm happy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance