ebay vac pump

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Sweet I dont know if this is the right place but I just got a new replacement vac pump from delcodiesel on ebay and it fits 92 up I think it said, well the only difference is it has drilled holes instead of threaded for the mounting. the hose fitting is a little different angle but it fits right on the 91.. It says made in hungary on the sticker but the oem one I took off has the exact same casting and machining marks and stampings on the steel parts as the replacement. They have them buy it now for 79 ish. I got mine on auction for 44 with shipping. Auction ends at wierd hours but well woeth the wait.
just some money saving info.
Really love this site and I try to help out also.
Russ

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, what you bought is the van pump. The bolts in the van go in from the opposite direction (from the front and thread into the bracket), hence the drilled holes. I found that out when I tried to use a truck pump on my van....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes sense, the engineering # is also dated 93 so it may fit the serp belt engine. anyway the price was nice,and the old one makes bearing noise. I am going to drain the oil out of the new one and put in synthetic. all of them i have seen break have no oil or very burnt oil in the little crankcase.

Hey I thought of doing a business like you do. If we have problems on our trip this July I will give you a call. I can fix anything with almost nothing but lately there seems to always be one elusive part. :mad:
Hope you are doing well in business.
Russ

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless the only thing your vac pump runs is the heater controls i would not waste the money on a cheapy pump!!go ford only for a vac pump.i had a 100.00 advance auto parts special on my truck for a week till it let go.it melted the shaft and lost the pully.when the pulley came off i lost the power steering and power breaks along with the water pump and everything else.i took it back to the store,threw it on the counter and emanded my money back.ended up with a ford pump and havent had an issue yet .this is on my PSD but they use the same pump as the vans.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would bet money this pump came out of the same factory as the ford one. My old one is the original and there is no difference. Even the same color paint dot on the bolts. I think they are selling old stock, I bought some cadillac power steering pumps from a gal in Corona that got all thier stuff from dealer wharehouses, all oem. ;Sweet I am with you onthe knock off junk, I am a career mechanic and I have seen a lot of garbage. -cuss

Snowman671

Dave Sewell
Reaction score
While we are on the subject,

Does anyone know what is a good part number for the pump. I have prices ranging from $100.00 to $ 359.00 for the pump. A good part number would be nice to use to compare to ensure the part is the correct one before it was bought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online