Easy way to clean fuel from valleys...

Jamie

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good way to clean up diesel fuel from hard to reach areas in the top side of the engine? I have a strong odour in the cab as a result of my last priming job and was hoping there was a product that may be applied to allow the fuel to evaporate more readily.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a good degreaser and a wash down should remove it then hit with some compressed air
NONONONONONO
do not add anything water-based to the top valley part of our IDI's.
The CDR hole is at the low point of the turkey pan in the valley. More often than not the rubber grommet is hardened and dried and won't seal well at all. Fluids will drain directly into your crankcase and you can use your imagination from there......:eek:

Jamie

Reaction score
I wonder if I could blast it with some Brakleen? I am trying to do this outside unfortunately, and it very cold this week.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I do is raise the rear so the fuel is up front and suck it out with my vacula brake bleeder. A regular hand pump should also work. I've also used PigMat absorber sheets under the pump when i was adjusting fuel.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a drain hole at the back that plugs up with junk. With this drain hole open very little fluid can accumulate.

The hole is towards the front / under the back part of the intake near the GP controller, towards the passenger side. You can clean it out with stiff wire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online