E4OD trouble codes

lkrasner

Reaction score
1994 E350, trying to track down transmission issues. It is shifting really hard, and OD light is flashing steady constantly. OD still works, and button still turns it on/off. RABS light is also on. Trans shop told previous owner it was almost definitely the VSS, I replaced that, and it seems slightly better, but it is still not right. How can I pull the trouble codes for this? I hear there is a procedure that should flash them on the OD light?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1994 E350, trying to track down transmission issues. It is shifting really hard, and OD light is flashing steady constantly. OD still works, and button still turns it on/off. RABS light is also on. Trans shop told previous owner it was almost definitely the VSS, I replaced that, and it seems slightly better, but it is still not right. How can I pull the trouble codes for this? I hear there is a procedure that should flash them on the OD light?

How did you make out?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my cursory investigation, it seems that all it does is the same as jumping the wire at the test connector. It just flashes the OD light and doesn't actually read the codes out on the display. If I'm wrong, I would be happy to spend the 20 bucks so I don't have to count flashes of the OD light.

Well it told me I had a slipping torque converter? My OD light is dead. Was a code 69 or something. Don't remember exactly at the moment.

Comes with a book that has the code list.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it actually read out a numerical code? What year is your truck? If it reads out the numerical code I'd be happy to drop the 20 bucks...
Mines a 93' E4OD equipped truck. I believe it only connects to the transmission computer on these trucks.

It actually gave me a few codes numerically but I'd have to look up what they are again. When I first got my truck back it was low on tranny fluid and the codes seemed to be inine with that issue. Think they're in stored memory. Need to clear it and check again.

gandalf

Reaction score
I could be wrong because it's been so long since I've had to use it, but I believe my code reader gives me a numerical readout on it's little screen. It plugs in near the firewall corner, driver's side. On my truck, '92 7.3 NA with E4OD the only computer is on the transmission, so the only codes possible will be transmission related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online