e4od torque converter shake when locking up

gushaman

Diesel Novice
Reaction score
i guess a better question is can I slide the trans back without taking it out enough to replace the converter?

I saw the other thread that referenced this one. track speeder, this tc has been doing this for awhile and I have been driving it as its my only vehicle, if it still shifts great other than this do you think i will still have to get a new/rebuild trans, too?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe not if you change it soon. and it wontslide back far enough.

DragRag

Reaction score
Buy one off ebay or your local parts store, and give it a go. it is not that hard of a job to do. yes you will bust a knuckle maybe. Get a couple of floor jacks together and pull it, then bolt the other in. It isn't rocket science, it is good old fashion work.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
i guess a better question is can I slide the trans back without taking it out enough to replace the converter?

I saw the other thread that referenced this one. track speeder, this tc has been doing this for awhile and I have been driving it as its my only vehicle, if it still shifts great other than this do you think i will still have to get a new/rebuild trans, too?

If you replace the converter before it comes apart, the tranny will be fine. Drop the pan and change the filter. Fill it with new fluid.

A tranny jack some beer and a couple of extra paws. You will have that converter changed in no time.:D You can do without the extra paws . do it your self. It's not hard. The plus side if you do it yourself. No need to share the beer.:D

gushaman

Diesel Novice
Reaction score
well, heres an update, the engine was missin reeeeeeeal bad, probably hole in piston or rings totally gone, no compression. now i have a gasser, but since the other truck forums suck, im gonna ask my question here. i bet the diesel guys know more about gassers and e4ods anyways.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I really didnt want to start a new thread, I think im having similar problems with my truck. Im still unsure of what to feel for when it locks up. Well my truck gets a bad vibration when it shifts at low RPM's. It only does it on the higher gears and only does it when it shifts into 3,4 in low rpm's.

bigpanda16

Reaction score
I don't know heaps but both times I have had shuddering at say 15-1700 in top gear it was a bad injector with no pintle tip. Smoothed out after new injectors