E4OD coast clutch

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can this feature be deleted so the transmission is 'in gear' as a 'bolt'
would be. No coast'in thanks, can not get used to the lack of compression
retarding the manuals have always provided.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
I should do this mod. Will this be useful if I install the Banks Transcommand module I have laying around?

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo...am I experiencing a sick converter when even in 3rd I can hold rpms off idle but I am still free wheeling. It feels like a sprag clutch, bring the rpms up to match road speed
and it drives, back out a little and the tach drifts down a little. No retarding what so ever.

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo...am I experiencing a sick converter when even in 3rd I can hold rpms off idle but I am still free wheeling. It feels like a sprag clutch, bring the rpms up to match road speed
and it drives, back out a little and the tach drifts down a little. No retarding what so ever.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score

The coast clutch might not be working. You can test it by dropping the tranny into manual 2. If you don't have engine braking, the coast clutch is not working.

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ts, I'll check that out. The stall on this converter is over 2000,
makes a very loose driveline feel to the truck and that may be what is part of the
not in gear feel. A 1300-1500 stall converter in definitely in the works along with other
mods if I am to leave this as an auto.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online