e40d question

idiburner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey everyone question on my e40d. my recently did a trans swap on my 93 7.3idi turbo cclb 4x4 4.11 gears. and before i did the swap the old trans made the truck take off like a rocket in first like a race car lol. then the trans pump went. instead of spending any cash i had another e4od out of my 92 idi non-turbo cclb 3.55 gears that i did a 5spd swap on. so i put that trans in my turbo i also swapped the TQ around with the trans. but no the 93 takes off slower then a snail in first gear and if i put the pedal to the floor it just revs up and takes off a little faster not much also rolls a ton of cool, but once it gets into 2nd it speeds up like normal though all the gears 3rd,4th it shifts perfect in all gears and into R. if i start in 2nd it takes off fast and fine also and shift into D for it to go to 3rd it takes it perfectly also.

i am just wondering basiclly why all the sudden the night and day change in take off speed? is the TC bad? is it because the trans if from a non turbo? thanks for all the help.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What is the injection pump tps set for. The normal voltage setting is .96 to 1.2 volts with engine off but key on in idle position.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin