E350 van rear end with disc brake on F350, possible?

robert alston

Reaction score
hello there i did my rear disk swap from this site ( f350 rear disk conversion fordmann .com ) can not be used in an dually i did and had to go with 19.5s

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Superduties have metric wheel lug patterns. I don't know what would happen if the manufacturers suddenly dumped all this metric stuff. Get some sort of slap on the wrist and fine from our wonderful government?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All Superduties have metric wheel lug patterns. I don't know what would happen if the manufacturers suddenly dumped all this metric stuff. Get some sort of slap on the wrist and fine from our wonderful government?
The vans kept the standard pattern longer than in the trucks. Never understood why but it does mean they have a few years of disc brake axles that match our lug pattern.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
If the rotors are the same, does that meant he hub diameter is the same? I'm thinking it might be easier to re-drill the front and use the dirt-common and cheap later hub-centric rims on the older trucks.
Any idea how much wider the rear ends are?
ETA: Can you just use the van hubs and rotors on a Super Duty rear and get the proper 8X6.5" pattern without machine work?

Eli
Hub diameter is different.

The SD rearend is 2” wider I believe. The important thing is that is is the same width as our front and brings the rears out to match the fronts. Seen pics, looks great.

Van hubs and bearings from Van Dana rearend will not fit on SD Sterling rear axle. Frustrating but all the easy and low cost angles have been explored. I’m going redrilled SD axle as soon as I have an extta$500 around to do the hubs, not to mention finding a 2000 to 2004 rearend.

Snowmanw900

Reaction score
Hub diameter is different.

The SD rearend is 2” wider I believe. The important thing is that is is the same width as our front and brings the rears out to match the fronts. Seen pics, looks great.

Van hubs and bearings from Van Dana rearend will not fit on SD Sterling rear axle. Frustrating but all the easy and low cost angles have been explored. I’m going redrilled SD axle as soon as I have an extta$500 around to do the hubs, not to mention finding a 2000 to 2004 rearend.
Thanks for the info. I'm curious, when you say redrill the hub, are you talking about drilling new stud holes completely or redrilling the existing stud holes offset to line up with the 6.5 pattern?

Also, do you have a lead on a machine shop that will actually do this?

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
It has been done both ways. Easier to do new holes between the old ones but some folks get concerned about possible weakness. To do it through the existing holes is harder because it takes a rare stud with a larger knurl that is hard to come by. This was started by one of the 4x4 van companies when they needed to convert SD pickup front axles to fit new vans. (Vans hung onto 8x6.5 longer ) The person I know of doing it is got4wd over on powerstrokearmy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online