Duramax Reliability

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Has GM finally figured out the Dmax yet? I know the '01 and '02 trucks had serious fuel system issues, but other than that I really liked mine. I know in '03 they changed ot external fuel lines, and I think they switched to a different turbo last year. What's new with these trucks? How do they tow, and how is their fuel mileage? Have the fuel system problems been addressed and corrected (fuel filtration, injectors, etc)?

Thanks,

Brian [><]

Max Power

Reaction score
The injectors are easier to change now and they seem to be lasting a lot longer. GM stepped up to the plate on the older ones with a 200,000 mile warranty on the injectors.

In 04.5 they went to a variable vane turbo similar to the 6.0L Fords. They also went to a double pleat fuel filter that is supposed to add better filtration. I don't know the exact rating.

I really like the way mine tows, no complaints at all. As far as fuel mileage, this past weekend I drove 500 miles round trip and got 21.4 mpg at 70mph. The longest stretch was 60 miles. It wasn't a straight through trip, every 40-60 miles there was a turn or a stop etc.

dieselinquiry

Reaction score
Max Power said:
The injectors are easier to change now and they seem to be lasting a lot longer. GM stepped up to the plate on the older ones with a 200,000 mile warranty on the injectors.

In 04.5 they went to a variable vane turbo similar to the 6.0L Fords. They also went to a double pleat fuel filter that is supposed to add better filtration. I don't know the exact rating.

I really like the way mine tows, no complaints at all. As far as fuel mileage, this past weekend I drove 500 miles round trip and got 21.4 mpg at 70mph. The longest stretch was 60 miles. It wasn't a straight through trip, every 40-60 miles there was a turn or a stop etc.

any idea what you average?

What were you driving in 03 when you made this post about your 14.5 quarter mile?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online