DT466 turbo boost no-load

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's not the greatest quality but there has been a lot of interest in turbos other than the standard ATS, Banks and Hypermax setups. This video is taken with the truck parked in my driveway, I wasn't revving the engine to redline, and it's hard to tell on the gauge but the first number that is visible is 5psi and the second number on the gauge is 10psi, so it is halfway between those when revving with no load in the driveway. I don't have any problems with EGT's and the most I have seen so far with no trailer or anything behind it is 850 F. The turbo is the stock turbo from an IH4700 with a DT466 remote mounted by the transfer case. I will get a video driving down the road as soon as I get the bed and everything back on the truck and get my wife to record while I drive. The injection pump on the truck is maxed out but I don't get a lot of smoke with the quick boost, it cleans up really quick.

Of course the top gauge is EGT's.
You must be registered for see images attach

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Would you do some in cab shots driving the truck? Maybe 0-60, street start (from a roll), standing start?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you do some in cab shots driving the truck? Maybe 0-60, street start (from a roll), standing start?

I will get some more videos as soon as I get done painting the truck, right now it is wrapped and taped up so I can't move it at the moment.

I will also get the numbers off the turbo but I know the exhaust housing is a .82 A/R

Last edited:

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I will get some more videos as soon as I get done painting the truck, right now it is rapped and taped up so I can't move it at the moment.

I will also get the numbers off the turbo but I know the exhaust housing is a .82 A/R

Thanks for the response. I saw the first set of pics and it makes better sense than the underhood settup that normally gets done. I can just imagine what a set of twins could do.;p

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It builds boost quick when driving, but with no load and just sitting still I have to rev it a little to get it to build boost.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Sounds good, I think thats about what mine does with no load.

yea same here, i can hit 3 psi or so just revving it. i would be curious about the driving caractoristics compaired to a stock set up. should have got it together in time for the dyno.:D

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wish that I could have gotten it together in time to get it down there. I was really rushing to get the body work finished and get it back together but the rain and humidity kept slowing me down. I should finish up most of the paint today, but I really think I need a new steering box too before I make anymore long trips in it. What little bit I have driven it over the past few months has been pretty conservative due to the slop in the steering and it feels like it is getting worse. It didn't seem that loose in the front when it had the gas engine in it, but I think any wear that was present has been amplified by the extra weight of the diesel engine. I need to also get some new springs or something for the front due to the sagging from the extra weight.

If I rev the engine to red line it will get right at about 10psi with no load but i hate to be that ******* the poor engine, I know it is made to do it, but something inside of me wants to avoid it.