Dt466 add ons?

TxDrifter

Asphalt Cowboy
Reaction score
My dads a truck driver and i love diesels and wanna build a 66 ford 600 with a dt466. i have an international coe that im going to cut down in my chassis fab class at wyotech and was wondering if there where any places that offered performance parts or say fuel mangement systems (its an 80's model not sure what year) sorry for the lack of info im kinda new at this

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site;Sweet
I need to start off telling you that I don't know enough about hi-po DT466's to save my life.
But I have driven quite a few versions of the motor over the years. I can tell you this much, the bombing potential is definitely there. I know the DT466"E" has many levels of hp reprogramability on the ECM, but your feul economy will suffer. That's how I got caught when I bombed a company truck.
As far as the mechanically injected ones goes, you need to get to know a engine machine shop that is addicted to tractor pulling.
good luck and post pics of your project;Sweet
here's a pic of a DT466 when things go very wrong....

Attachments

• tractor1.jpg
    tractor1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 22
  • tractor3.jpg
    tractor3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
The 466 is pretty well covered in the tractor puller scene. If yours has the rotary pump(up to around 84), you may as well replace it with a later model Bosch A, P, or MW. The pumps should all interchange. Injectors can be custom ordered. Here's a place for the injectors: http://dieselperformancesolutions.com/Tractor_PullingFuel.htm
Here's a shot of a 466 going in a 74 F250: http://rides.webshots.com/album/558319779mIvmfa?start=12 That 466 is going to be using injectors from the place I listed above, and is told it will be 450hp min. As long as you have a good Bosch pump on it, you can use performance stuff for a Dodge/Cummins like gov springs and delivery valves(depending on the pump). Turbos are a similar deal to the Dodge boys, just think a little bigger. Past 50 pounds of boost you may want to lean towards head studs. Hope that gives you a head start.

TxDrifter

Asphalt Cowboy
Reaction score
thanks thatll help alot! is there a twin turbo setup out there i had one on a 03 dodge and it helped alot would love to hit 600hp but everyone dreams right and picks will be up when i get everything started my display pic is a custom drawing

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
There's no bolt on compound turbo kit that I know of, but a Dodge twins setup is what I was planning with my Super Duty. Gotta love the Slick Side Fords! I have a 67 F100(Bumpside) as a daily driver.

TxDrifter

Asphalt Cowboy
Reaction score
i like the round headlights and the rounded lines they give it a real truck feel like the 70's peterbuilts.ive got a 72 ford so i wanna see some pics from your swap too.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Here's a twinned 466 that has water/**** injection. It's a sled puller F350. I would use it if I couldnt keep cool with a good turbo or two.

Attachments

• twinsDT466Ford.jpg
    twinsDT466Ford.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online