DT 530 Injectors in a Powerstroke?

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that Injectors out of an International DT 530 will work in a powerstorke....does anyone else know about this?....is it worth it...how much power will I gain.....how much more will it flow compared to stock....

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 530 wont drop in. www.beansdieselperformance.com makes 530 hybrids for the 7.3 though.but to run them you better have a huge wallet as you will need bigger turbo,intercooler,head studs,aftermarket forged rods,aftermarket fuel system,aftermarket high pressure oil pumps,and a few other things

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
530's = BIG

As Rich already stated, you need a host of other mods to even consider supporting 530's or hybreds. Guys running those combos are laying down in the neighborhood of 600 hp. :eek:

Even if you can get your hands on some 530's for free, you will still be money behind to try to run them over say a set of mildly modded PSD injectors.

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn....cause i could probly get em for free too....would an bigger press. oil pump really be necessary...would one from a 530 work ;) :Thumbs Up

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Got 2 DT530 in my garage. I think I am retiring an IDI and installing it in it's place. Yes it will fit. I had a 90 f-350 with a DT 466 in it with a allison and it was bad.

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will DT 466 injectors work in mine?....oh ok...your talking about complete engine swaps...ok....hmmmm.....thats an idea....ha

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
They are physicaly the same. The fueling rate nozzle etc is smaller. You still would need to mod the engine and inj same as the 530.

twildman

Reaction score
If you can get your hands on the injectors for free.....get them.

You can run them in your truck but it will be one smokey, high egt beast.

If you add the dual pumps to run them, you will kill your turbo in short order.

you will need a turbo, dual hpop's, fuel system, etc etc.

I would suggest you get the injectors and then talk to bean or casserly about swapping them for a set of stage II's or the like.

Or if they are in good working order, I might swap ya my hybrids for them :D :D

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will definately get back to you about that....ill try to pull some strings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online