Dt-466 no oil pressure

rch

Reaction score
also posted in the 911 section

One of our Dt-466's has a oil pressure problem.

First it's a mechanical 1995 model, and the engine is rebuilt with a new oil pump.

On start (when cold) the buzzers and gauges indicate no oil pressure. If left to idle and warm up still no oil pressure? However rev it up once and 40 pounds of oil and everything is fine. Also it remains fine all day even with stopping and starting, pressure fine. We have let it idle when cold for as long as we dare but the pressure will not jump up until one or 2 throttle blips. Even our DT tech guy doesn't know what's going on. Is there some sort of by-pass check valve not allowing oil to flow and a blip opens it? i am afraid that on of our genius drivers will start it ant simply walk away without the obligatory blip.

Any ideas?

MMeier

Reaction score
Electric or manual pressure gauge? If electrical, maybe bad sending unit? Still, isn't 40 psi a bit low/ IIRC, the DT-466 in some trucks I used to drive would push 60-90 most of the time.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Isn't this the same post on TDS? Where I suggested getting a mechanical gauge just to be sure. Any updates on this?

F350DRW1

Reaction score
Thread a pressure guage on motor in place of sending unit, get real reading. Take it from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online