Door Handle

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
The inner door handle mechanism is completely torn from the door. This seems to be a common problem with these trucks where someone of great strenght has ripped the whole panel. Does anyone know of any "patch panels" to repaie this situation?
Foxman :dunno

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
weld it up and replace the cableyou can either just weld the handle to the door or remove the handle,weld and grind it.but replace the cable cuz youll be doing it again

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I welded mine up with a washer but I don't know of any repair panels. Also I've found its the door handle assemble that wears out not the latch or cable and I posted some pics in the 6.9/7.3 section to show how to adjust the cable to compensate for the slop in the door handle

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I've found its the door handle assemble that wears out not the latch or cable

the cable doeswear out had it happen to both of my truck and many other fords that i have had to weld back together.replace the cable or youll rip the door apart again

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
the cable doeswear out had it happen to both of my truck and many other fords that i have had to weld back together.replace the cable or youll rip the door apart again

Hmmm wish I would have known that before I fixed my first truck here all I did was replace the door handle assembly and it worked perfect with the old cable. I could have saved myself an easy fix and messed with replacing the whole thing:rotflmao I understand the cable can fray and the end can wear but theres very little stress on the cable to be stretching it unless theres a problem with the door latch and then it would make sense to replace the whole unit. I used to think it was the cable causing the problem too until I got a new assembly and compared the 2 and the only difference was the slop wore into trhe pins in the handle assembly. So I replaced just the handle assemblt and it worked great and I kept the rest for any future problems but 6 years later it was still working like new

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
every one ive had to do needed the cable.nothing wrong with the handle,frayed cables

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726