Don't want your IDI anymore? 1971 4x4 powerstroke 4 door

averagef250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have no idea what it's worth until you look at it. If the engine's shot, the body is mostly bondo, the workmanship is poor and the interior is hacked you have a real big ugly paperweight. With a price drop like that I'd suspect a few have checked it out and instantly walked away.

The thing is a 67-72 crew F250 4x4 is a $15K and up truck in decent original condition. Add $10K easily for one in tastefully restored shape. Not very many people would buy a $15K truck just to hack it up and build that truck from. Just making the point that the likelyhood of that truck's body being a rusted out bondo and patch panel filled hack is pretty high.

I disagree that it would cost more than $7500 to build that truck with the parts it states. Tons of labor to do it right, but late model salvage stuff is not remotely expensive, it's actually far cheaper than buying correct original parts in almost any case. I've done projects like this one and currently doing a 65 Fastback Mustang onto 2004/2009 Cobra drivetrain. It's similiar to the SN65 project minus the fender flares and with a full tube chassis. There will actually be 1/5th the parts investment into the car as it's estimated finished low market value. It will actually cost about $50K less in restoration cost to restomod it with very high end OE parts than to restore it with NOS or quality repo parts.

Keep that in mind when you look at it that truck. If the workmanship is poor the real street value on the parts underneath that truck are in the gutter. You have to unf*ck some elses poorly executed project and that will take longer and cost more than building from scratch 9 times out of ten. If it's done well it's a good deal at that price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online