Don't want your IDI anymore? 1971 4x4 powerstroke 4 door

zpd307

Reaction score
neat truck. i would like to see up close how they got the super duty towing mirrors mounted.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
My guess is that they cut up the cabs and left the bottom/firewall from the 05 and welded it to the older cab top and sides. I was looking on the urban gorilla website(Hummer looking body conversions) and that is how a lot fo guys do there's. Not a fan of the rims either.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
they leave the entire cab in tact. They just install the newer dash in the older truck. Seen it a dozen times

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE
Wonder what the story is behind a new truck that should still have a loan out on it.[/QUOTE]

I am curious what the vin number is. 71 I bet:D

wheels:puke::puke:

averagef250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd take the truck bone stock original with a 300 six or 360 and NP435 over that anyday.

If that truck was a 4x4 crew to start with and had a decent body the guy that hacked that up should be shot (to put it mildly).

If you like that truck and are considering buying it check the workmanship very carefully. I've owned lots of old trucks (dozens of 67-72 fords) and done plenty of EFI conversions and diesel repowers with them. I do good quality work and will honestly say that the nicest older conversion truck will rarely fetch a penny more than a very nice original when it comes time to sell. If the install was a hack (BTW, it would be extremely difficult to put that body on an '05 frame and have things look right from underneath) the value of the vehicle is in the toilet.

If you want the truck and it's not a hack politely offer him half what he's asking for it. He'll probably laugh at you then call you back in a month Yeah, an '05 6.0 PSD is a 30K truck, but a non-rebuildable wreck of a 6.0 PSD truck can be had for under a few grand. The parts under that truck are nothing to write home about. The paint job and wheels are frightening.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
If that truck was a 4x4 crew to start with and had a decent body the guy that hacked that up should be shot (to put it mildly).

Give me a break, Its a damn truck, and you think he should be shot over it? :***:,..the thing that scares me is that I actually think you are serious,. cookoo

Lighten up Francsis,..

sootman73

Reaction score
strip the paint off, paint bigfoot blue, drop the rims and tires, and put some 38in bogger swampers on a 16" rim.

then address the interior. maybe some racing style gauges and some nicer touches to the interior. doesn't look all that nice on the inside. not to mention the drivers door is all ripped apart and the dash under the steering wheel has some funky stuff going on.

wonder where all the wires were ran for all the truck computers...

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anybody remember a truck exactly like this only red in either diesel power, 8lug, or diesel world??? i would almost swear its the same one only repainted... it even has that same stupid front bumperLOL

Akzukman

Reaction score
Those body style fords arent to difficult to put on a newer frame my brother took a wrecked 99 Superduty (cab was destroyed in a rollover) and but a 74 F-150 cab on it and other than moving the body mounts it was actually pretty easy swap.

02AutoWag

Reaction score
OK, how does $7500 sound??? ...with the added info that it needs a spray of juice to start...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1254578835.html

1971 f350 4x4 powerstroke diesel 4 door - $7500 (sacramento)
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-05, 12:33PM PDT

71 ford EVERYDAY DRIVER on a 2005 f350 frame. electric 4x4. A/C---heater ====6.0 pomerstroke diesel. Runs good but need starting fluid to start , 98,000 on the motor & drivetrain. 4 door short bed. tow package. Built in electric break system in the dash. Power front windows power breaks power steering. $7,500 O.B.O.

juggernaut239

Reaction score
Here in swFL you couldnt touch a custom 4x4 truck with a lift in any condition for under 5k at least:backoff so it dosn't sound too bad here.