Doesn't wanna start chugs like a gas engine then takes off

jlwoods99

Reaction score
It cranks cranks cranks then chugs like it wants to take off then cranks cranks cranks and chugs like a old carbeurated gasser. do it a second time then it will start. I've done glow plug controller, all new beru glow plugs carrier lift pump. its banks turbo wastegated, I haven't done the olives yet.

Don't appear to have a leak but could be air intrusion. I've done a complete return line kit. I love my truck any near to me could help check my timing? anyone out there good with these trannys?

I can brew ya some beer up for some help
Help
thanks
jim 989-859-2443

jlwoods99

Reaction score
I was wondering about the olives only thing I have yet to do . It starts after I do it about 3 times , I love my truck ,now if I coould learn to do body work.

jim

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
X2 on the air intrusion.

Change out all your olives. Those are common sources of air intrusion. (if you have problems getting the old olives off, soak them in brake fluid overnight) You didn't say if you'd done a return kit replacement yet or not. If not, do that as well. (PM type4, he has both) Also test the checkvalve on the filter head. (it's the brass fitting the return line attaches to. If you can blow through it both ways it's dead, and causing problems)

If you're still having problems after all that. It's time to get some clear fuel line, replace parts of your current fuel line with it, and watch for bubbles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.