Does this sound right?

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
The only way a Ford F-350 Diesel in stock form can exceed 159 km/h is a failure in the ABS system, The ABS system is were the speed sensor is located. So in order to be doing 201 km/h is for the ABS to fail, witch in turn would light the abs light in the dash and also make the speedometer would read 0

rray32539

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I imagine the key words would be IN STOCK FORM. My truck went to 105 mph on I-85 between Atlanta and Columbus while I was passing a line of big rigs. I didn't notice how fast I was going until I glanced down at the speedo and said "Holy $hit!" I prayed that the county mountie that usually hung out around there was off duty. They would have put me under the jail.

Last edited:

nummit

Reaction score
A stock truck is limited to about 98mph.
It will take a tuner to disable the speed limiter to go any faster.
Once disabled,the speedo will go back to 0 and the odometer will show --------- once you go past 100 mph

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more systems the just the abs control how fast the truck is limited to, and everything is electronic on them, so no if you disable the ABS the truck in stock form will not go over its speed limiter

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im guessing you got clocked doind 201 kmph? i dont know of any way to prove a truck wont go that fast, but i would maybe go to your local ford dealer, explain to them your situation (if they are cool enough) and possible talk to a ford rep, other then that i cant imagine a way to prove it, maybe try and find an expert or find some way to certifiable document that a truck cant possibly go the speed you got clocked doing

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
Ford says they know there is a limiter but dont know what speed. Do u have a number for a dealer in the states i could try? Thise once in canada are next to usless. I have found lots of info saying in is limited but nothing for court.

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
The speed limiter is based on the tire speed rating I'll bet...
and it is in the 97 mph range....
now who knows if going downhill will allow u to go faster ?!?!?!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online