diesel RX glow plugs

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always used motorcraft glow plugs but Diesel Rx has dual coil glowplugs. I was curious how well they work? They claim that they won't swell but I thought maybe someone on here has real world experience.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
if they claim they wont swell then just buy one and hook it up out of the truck and wait till it fries. See it it will swell when it fries, how long it takes it to fry, etc

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea, but I do know that motorcrafts will work perfectly. I see little need to go experimenting when something proven can be had fairly cheap.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
They are wellman glow plugs. The ones with a part number ending in 088 are the ones myself and several others have had good luck with.

If you have the newer style glow plug controller the only plug I would use would be the motorcrafts. If your using the older style controller or a push button setup they will work fine.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Diesel Rx's Wellman plugs seem to die an early death (in my experience) just like all the other non-Beru/Motorcraft plugs out there. Their controller is still working OK but the Wellman's went; 1 the first week, 1 the week after, 2 more the fourth week. Ran on 4 plugs for 4 or 5 months until I replaced with all Berus. Eight months on the Berus now and I'm still getting 8-9 seconds on the wait to start light...

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Glow Plugs

So were can we still get Berus , auto zone dosent have them any more ,other than ocasionaly finding them on ebay,I dont think ford has them any more , and international wasent cheap when they had them.:dunno

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel Rx's Wellman plugs seem to die an early death (in my experience) just like all the other non-Beru/Motorcraft plugs out there. Their controller is still working OK but the Wellman's went; 1 the first week, 1 the week after, 2 more the fourth week. Ran on 4 plugs for 4 or 5 months until I replaced with all Berus. Eight months on the Berus now and I'm still getting 8-9 seconds on the wait to start light...

Not to resurrect an old thread but hows the gp controller holding up?

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
I don't remember- I rebuilt the engine around the end of 2015, made a new GP harness and installed a push button & 150A continuous duty solenoid. I think the controller was a little cooked, just like the original one ended up.. If I had it to do all over again, I would install a push button as soon as I bought the truck, and avoid all of the expense and hassle of a controller and burned out Beru's. It only takes a 7 or 8 second glow for a freezing weather 1 revolution cold start- honest. I'm sure the fuel system mods I made probably have a little to do with that, also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online