Diesel Rookie

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy men. New to the site as of a few weeks ago and feel fortunate to find a lot of good info here. I posted to the Powerstroke forum initially, looks like more IDI specific on this site.:hail I am new to the diesel scene. I got a great deal on a 1994 F350 7.3IDI Turbo DRW in the Spring, drove it home for $1400.;Sweet E4OD was basically shot, L/R gone, and the rest following close behind, tranny fluid resembled burnt bacon grease, only didn't smell nearly as good.:puke: Starts and runs like a dream. After some consideration, settled on Ford reman E4OD $1950 including TC and updates, 3yr/75,000m nationwide warranty. After motor oil/filter change, radiator flush/CAT antifreeze, Hit the road on maiden voyage last weekend, box filled with firewood, heavy 18' flatbed trailer in tow with IH Scout chassis on board, figure about 6-7,000# all together. I had to keep the accellerator on the floor/2300RPM to stay with 70MPH traffic on flat I-29. Both the muffler and cat have been replaced with straight pipe. The diff is open 4.10. Like I say, it otherwise runs great. I don't need to win any races, just want to avoid getting run over.:dunno

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures

I tried to download pictures earlier today, and the file size was too big. Any suggestions.:dunno Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Staff online