Dana 44/50 TTB vs dana 60 hangers.

royzell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you may get another shot at it. In my neighborhood $2K for that truck won't sell soon. $500-$1000 for a parts truck is more in line.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Measure the widths of the springs on the rear. I put an 85 F350 cab and chassis rear end under my 87 F250. The tell tale signs are the 85 had like 11 leaf 2.5 inch wide springs while the 87 had 3 inch wide springs. The issue also is that the leaf spring perches on the axle are narrower. The 85 was like 36 inches and the 87 was 38+ inches. I just cut the spring perches off and welded them where they needed to be, but if your not into ACCURATE fabrication, this could be difficult. My neighbor has a frame rack and I was able to have a good flat surface to weld them on so accurate measurements were easily obtained.

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
I think you may get another shot at it. In my neighborhood $2K for that truck won't sell soon. $500-$1000 for a parts truck is more in line.

Well, its not THAT bad to be considered a parts truck....I do have plans to use the other truck, so I'll have 2 complete trucks. Like I said, we'll see if they can fix the brakes and make it drivable and then pay $2k.....They sure are proud of their junk huh LOL :dunno cookoo

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Measure the widths of the springs on the rear. I put an 85 F350 cab and chassis rear end under my 87 F250. The tell tale signs are the 85 had like 11 leaf 2.5 inch wide springs while the 87 had 3 inch wide springs. The issue also is that the leaf spring perches on the axle are narrower. The 85 was like 36 inches and the 87 was 38+ inches. I just cut the spring perches off and welded them where they needed to be, but if your not into ACCURATE fabrication, this could be difficult. My neighbor has a frame rack and I was able to have a good flat surface to weld them on so accurate measurements were easily obtained.

Would this effect the front at all? I wasnt planning on doing anything to the rear except putting the 4" block in...is that what your talking about?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.