Curious IDI owner

Rcn1978

Reaction score
Check the timing registry thread, see if there’s someone close to you with equipment. I personally don’t think a cai will help a n/a idi but larger exhaust will. I dropped 100 degrees when I ran 4” off the factory y pipe. Dropped almost another 100 after I installed a new pump, injectors, and set timing to 8.6. What gears, trans, and tire size does your truck have? Mine had 3.07s in a dana 61, swapped to 3.73s in a 10.25 and it felt like a new motor lol. I plan to stud and turbo the truck soon even with everything I’ve done, it still doesn’t tow as well as I’d like. 10k feels like 20. I’d get your truck timed correctly and if your still not happy, start shopping for turbos new or used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it has 4 10s with a zf5...I'm not for sure what the tire size is but my rims are 16s....I thought about running 4 inch from the y pipe and then a set of 5 or 6 inch stacks. I did see a few options for a 3 inch y pipe to

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Rcn1978

Reaction score
Check the timing registry thread, see if there’s someone close to you with equipment. I personally don’t think a cai will help a n/a idi but larger exhaust will. I dropped 100 degrees when I ran 4” off the factory y pipe. Dropped almost another 100 after I installed a new pump, injectors, and set timing to 8.6. What gears, trans, and tire size does your truck have? Mine had 3.07s in a dana 61, swapped to 3.73s in a 10.25 and it felt like a new motor lol. I plan to stud and turbo the truck soon even with everything I’ve done, it still doesn’t tow as well as I’d like. 10k feels like 20. I’d get your truck timed correctly and if your still not happy, start shopping for turbos new or used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What injectors and pump did you get?

Rcn1978

Reaction score
So it wasn't for sure that may be my truck is already quick for an IDI naturally aspirated so I did a little 0 to 60 test and it is wet weather here today so in the wet weather zero to 60 was hovering around 16 to 17 seconds... I guess maybe that's not slow for an IDI but after driving my buddies 95 powerstroke diesel It's really slow LOL

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck all stock n/a will do 0-60 in about 5 months

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance