Cummins options??

rthomas

Reaction score
I seem to have the worst luck with e4ods:puke::puke::puke: the one I just put in is heading south and I DO NOT want another one of these in my truck, so these are my options:
1. keep the psd and convert to a zf5 (I dont like the zf6)

2. keep the psd and do a allison 1000 conversion

3. do the cummins conversion, find a 47re thats built, the cummins that I have is a '93 with what I assume is a 46re (2wd)

4. do the cummins with a allison 1000 conversion

5. do the cummins with a nv 4500 or 5600

Of all the manuals I like the 5600 the best, Im sure New Venture trannys have their problems but I think they build a better tranny than ZF.Of the autos I like the allison (obviously) but that might push the budget a bit.

I slightly prefer a manual but not by much, I dont have the want for big power, my psd is around 75 over stock and thats fine for me. I need to keep cost down within reason but I can spend a few bucks. Thanks for your opinions, Russ

MrsFordGuy100

Reaction score
Not a fan of the allisons, plus you would have to buy one, a stand alone controller, and an adapter.

I would go manual, or built E4OD. I get the feeling built E4OD's have a better rep than a built 47re.

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the statements above about the allisons. ^ Yes some don't have problems with them, and do great. To put that allison behind a stroke would probably end up costing you more then a built bts e40d would. If yer thinking about a manual I'd go that way before the allison.

litlespidy

Reaction score
I have just started my project, I am going with the nv5600 on an 03 cummins in my 2008 f350, this seemed to be the cheepest route for me. I'll be starting a tread following the project with pics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online