cruise control switch question

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Okay, have a question, and i'm sure with every question I ask it's been asked a couple dozen times already. I have however looked in the search and haven't found what I'm looking for.

Anyways, the whole Ford recall thing with the cruise control switches, they have my 1992 ford van listed in the recall. From what I've been able to ascertain is that the recall involves the switch on the master cylinder that is a big red honkin thing hanging off the from of the cylinder on the top. My van's original and current M/C does not have that switch but it does have some sort of a hook up right underneath the reservoir which I'm not really sure what it does. The ones with the big red switch also have this connection. Would I only need to worry about the fire stuff if I had that big red switch out front? I've checked the connection on the bottom of the reservoir and it doesn't seem to have a constant 12volts on it.

Basically I really don't want to take my van into a dealer but I also don't want it burnt up. Right now I have that one connector disconnected and my ABS light is on. If I had to guess that connection is just to tell the level of the fluid and doesn't have to do with cruise control. I haven't tried to see if my CC works with this disconnected yet.

Anyone know for sure? My van was a really early 1992 so maybe the big red switch hadn't been put on it yet.

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
Not quite sure on that, when i got my truck ('94 ZF5 W/Cruise) a few weeks ago, the ABS light was constantly flashing but my cruise worked, then after the light stopped flashing i suddenly had no cruise:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle