Crew Cab wanted!

LucasPower

Reaction score
My Truck just doesnt have the room anymore (3 kids growing fast)

If anybody knows of a good clean 4 door first gen let me know!!!!
All I really need is the cab with doors.

Or Like the one on the buckstop bumbers website.

What I want to do kinda goes without saying.

This is what I have...

You must be registered for see images attach

This is what I wanna do....This is the buckstop bumbers truck got the pic from there site www.buckstopbumbers.com
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
You're gonna have to do a swap. The Cummins was never installed in a crew cab since Dodge stopped making them in '85. Fortunately, the '91-'93 grille is compatible with the older trucks since the support is the same. Your best bet is to find a good donor truck from somewhere with little rust and swap the whole drive train. Should be a direct bolt-in swap for the whole deal.

Swampy

Reaction score
LucasPower, there was one for sale a year or two ago in Surrey around 152nd and 60th or 62nd. It was a shortbox, crew cab with a 5.9 Cummins and a 5 Speed. Don't know what happened to it. That was only the second one I have seen. I'm in the same boat as you. I have 2 kids, one who is 12 and is very big for his age. I'm holding out for a 2003 or newer. I have access to a 93 Reg Cab 4x4. With the 2 kids, and their school bags, it's just a bit crowded. (However, if you ever decide to part with yours....look me up, I could always be persuaded to go oldschool!)

LucasPower

Reaction score
You're gonna have to do a swap. The Cummins was never installed in a crew cab since Dodge stopped making them in '85. Fortunately, the '91-'93 grille is compatible with the older trucks since the support is the same. Your best bet is to find a good donor truck from somewhere with little rust and swap the whole drive train. Should be a direct bolt-in swap for the whole deal.

Ya I shouldas been more clear that is was I was wantin to do I wish they woulda made a crew cab cummins but........

LucasPower

Reaction score
LucasPower, there was one for sale a year or two ago in Surrey around 152nd and 60th or 62nd. It was a shortbox, crew cab with a 5.9 Cummins and a 5 Speed. Don't know what happened to it. That was only the second one I have seen. I'm in the same boat as you. I have 2 kids, one who is 12 and is very big for his age. I'm holding out for a 2003 or newer. I have access to a 93 Reg Cab 4x4. With the 2 kids, and their school bags, it's just a bit crowded. (However, if you ever decide to part with yours....look me up, I could always be persuaded to go oldschool!)

I actually have mine for sale on usedvictoria.com If I happen to sell it then I will just get a 98 quad cab 12 valve that I know of. Mine is even set up for a baby seat and the jump seats in the back it works just a bit cramped with 3 kids.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Too bad you aren't closer to down here cause I'd sure love to have a W250 CC. I sure wish Dodge would have heard the pop and at least had the option to buy a crew cab Cummins back then as well as with the 2nd Gen. They couldn't have made them fast enough.

LucasPower

Reaction score
LucasPower, are you on the west coast on of Van Island?

Yes I am I live in Colwood just outside Victoria.

Do I know you or? Do you just recognize the truck?

Last edited:

Swampy

Reaction score
No and No. When I saw Pics of your Rig in this thread and another one, I thought the background looked like somewhere in South Delta, thats all.

LucasPower

Reaction score
So I found a nice clean one in the middle of nowhere in a field actually the guy has 2 of of them and a club cab lol Just happend to look over on my way to go camping! Funny how these things work!
Pics to come wont be starting the swap rite away but will post pics of the donor truck soon. Its a 81 d 350 with a 318 and just over 100thou kms on it used to be a dnd truck.

Swampy

Reaction score
Good find! That should be an interesting project doing the swap! Still looking for the right used 2003 or newer with a longbox and a 6 speed. Might have to settle for an auto though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online