Couple quick alternator questions

Redneck

Canadian
Reaction score
Well picture me swearing a lot.
Ordered a 100amp alt, it had to come from Edmonton. Left work, raced to the parts store, they bring it out and the box is beat lookin and wrapped in shrink wrap. So I cut it open to have a look. A couple fins on the fan are bent, and it's got a serpentine pulley, but whatever, I can fix that. Need the truck to get a Toyota box on Sunday. They were nice enough to knock $20 off the price since the fan was bent. So I paid the nearly $200 for that and a new voltage reg. Got home, got cleaned up, sat down at my table to clock the housing...pulled it out of the box, and one of the four bolts holding the housing together falls out of the hole, broken at the threads.
Of course, the parts house is closed already.
Gonna go back tomorrow and see if they'll make it right.
On the plus side, my wife's grabbing me a 20 pack on her way home so I'm just gonna pour beer down my throat until....well, point is, I'm gonna drink a bunch of beer, that'll make things better.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well picture me swearing a lot.
Ordered a 100amp alt, it had to come from Edmonton. Left work, raced to the parts store, they bring it out and the box is beat lookin and wrapped in shrink wrap. So I cut it open to have a look. A couple fins on the fan are bent, and it's got a serpentine pulley, but whatever, I can fix that. Need the truck to get a Toyota box on Sunday. They were nice enough to knock $20 off the price since the fan was bent. So I paid the nearly $200 for that and a new voltage reg. Got home, got cleaned up, sat down at my table to clock the housing...pulled it out of the box, and one of the four bolts holding the housing together falls out of the hole, broken at the threads.
Of course, the parts house is closed already.
Gonna go back tomorrow and see if they'll make it right.
On the plus side, my wife's grabbing me a 20 pack on her way home so I'm just gonna pour beer down my throat until....well, point is, I'm gonna drink a bunch of beer, that'll make things better.

And a thats why I say 3G go to wrecker get one....20 bucks....works..good...install be happy....and done...take the 180 buy more beer..be more happy...

Oh BTW...poundeing a couple down myself tonight....1L beers here....wife gave me cash said she's going to bingo..go buy pizza n beer...so I did...how do ya say know with wives like we got?????
really how?