cost of a timing job

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
while on my test drive this morning i saw a diesel shop, so i pulled in and asked the office guy how much it would cost to time my truck...his answer $190! :backoff now is it just me or is he asking way too much

id rather drive from CO to the east coast IDI rally and get a quality "mel time" :D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the cost of feul these days, you might want to rethink that comment -cuss Seriously tho, the tool to do the job is $275 a few years ago and I don't think snap-on and MAC sells too many anymore.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If you could go to the rally Mel would do your for sure, he have done the timing on mine and every other diesel i know of. :hail

Exekiel.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Yeah, I need to make an appointment for a Mel timing. I've even been to the "moose" lodge & didn't know that was a specialty there :eek:. Sorry I missed out on the Jimmy Cone, guys. VERY bad week. Bullcrap Arrest, DOT cop hassasment, & a big fat wreck to top it all off Friday nite :mad:. I'll be at the next nearby event. Timing appointment confirmed?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL If I had been charging all along, I think I would have made $1625.00 by now. Boy that hurts don't it. Oh well, it's part of my deal with God. He lets me live, and I do him favors. It's the least I can do. And Scott, you didn't miss the Jimmy Cone. It got rescheduled. Check The BOOB.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
That's good to hear about the Jimmy Cone. I'll check the BOOB site. Hey Michael Fowler, I'm in Fallston near 152 & Watervale rd. Where in Bel Air are you?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might want to post the name of the shop that did it. Folks are always looking for somebody with a timing meter near them.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Agnem said:
You might want to post the name of the shop that did it. Folks are always looking for somebody with a timing meter near them.
No doubt. I may even run up have have them set-up the Blizzard. I'm still running on ear-time.

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
Bens Diesel Service (970) 493-3797

2201 Airway Ave.
Ft. Collins, CO 80526

I called and made an appointment with Marty for this morning and they did it right then and there took about 30-40 mins :thumbsup:

On Edit: Tell 'em Nick with the black IDI sent you ;Sweet

analog

Reaction score
anyone ever gotten their motor timed who has the old square banks turbo? It almost completely covers the IP, and seems like it would have to be removed to do the timing job. I know it was NOT fun putting that thing on, and I dread having to remove it.

If you did get it done, did they charge you extra?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin