coolant filter system help please

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so i have been reading and reading, waiting for this Tstorm to clear up. I have found fleetgaurd housings and filters, and i have found napa housings and filters. I already filled with the fleetcharge pre SCA added coolant, so i dont need the SCA filters at this time.

Im trying to find the advance auto parts, parts numbers for the housing/filters. I have a *business* acnt with advance and pay 5% over invoice so i would really like to get them there.

Housing is NAPA #4019
0 charge filers NAPA #4070
Is there any way to cross reference or find the advance suppliers part number? i called in and the 2 different people i talked to didnt even know what i was talking about, my local advances head manager told me you cant put any filters on coolant systems.... so he is about worthless

Also the 6charge filter is #4072 if anyone know where/how to cross reference these part numbers that would be amazing.

Im not cheap by any means... but normally i can buy the top of the line Advance part for the price most people pay for bare bottom crap parts from other chain stores, thats why i prefer to buy stuff like this from advance.

Thanks in advance *no pun intended*

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who makes the filters for Advance? If you can find that out, finding the correct part numbers should be much easier.

Heath

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant even find coolant filters at advance, at least not online, and when i called they are a bunch of idiots.

I read somewhere that someone did use an advance bought filter and and housing... it wasnt a SCA filter just a normal run of the mill coolant filter but for the lift of me i cant find it.

I might be able to stop into an advance and have it cross checked as they can look up napa parts numbers, but apparently not over the phone, at least not the one i deal with regularly as its only 17 miles from my house.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least one good thing yer Napa filter housing number is same for one here in Canada! Woot...and 57 bucks

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i called napa its 52 bucks. but with my business account at advance im sure (if i can find advances equiv) under 30 bucks. And then i can use it as a tax write off at the end of the year as its on a business account.

I got a chebby 350 for my buddys truck through advance, on my account, 317 dollars after tax, listed in their system for a touch under 800 bucks.

Gotta love finding ways to keep your money out of the governments hands!

EDIT::::::
Just checked that link out, thanks for that by the way....

60.65 for housing and 2 filters, both SCA free as i just charged the system. thats what i was figuring on paying at advance, but no taxable write off!
Stopping at advance when i get off tomorrow night, if in person they cant hook me up, ill be ording from fleetfilter

Thanks again for the link!

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Not sure on the coolant filters but NAPA numbers are generally WIX numbers. THey should be able to cross from there. If the guy at Advance has half a brain, they have a universal computer interchange . If it's available anywhere in their system, it should pop up. even if it isn't they have the paper catalogs that a sharp fella can find it in the cross in the back . I've got a couple of old guys at the local advance that know their stuff that know when to reach straight for the books ( the kids just know to stay clear of me when I come in , they save that counter help for young gals getting windshield wipers they do actually have a couple of guys at this place to serve the professional customers)

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, your lucky! The advance i shop at has all kids, and to be honest half of them are young girls, MAYBE out of high school... i went in to order glow plugs, and she kept trying to sell me spark plugs, and wondering why that arent in the system...

There are a couple of younger guys that work there too, but they are of the *i have a *cummins*powderpuff*duramax* diesel and i blow black smoke and lift my truck way up in the air to look cool* variety that are completely worthless. If it werent for my account with them i wouldnt go there, but napa is a few miles further from my house, around 20-21 miles, and my other option is car-quest.... Maybe i should just get a business account at napa and be done with it... most everywhere i go everyone shuns advance anyways.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
haha, your lucky! The advance i shop at has all kids, and to be honest half of them are young girls, MAYBE out of high school... i went in to order glow plugs, and she kept trying to sell me spark plugs, and wondering why that arent in the system...

There are a couple of younger guys that work there too, but they are of the *i have a *cummins*powderpuff*duramax* diesel and i blow black smoke and lift my truck way up in the air to look cool* variety that are completely worthless. If it werent for my account with them i wouldnt go there, but napa is a few miles further from my house, around 20-21 miles, and my other option is car-quest.... Maybe i should just get a business account at napa and be done with it... most everywhere i go everyone shuns advance anyways.

If you have a car quest, they have better parts these days than Napa. Napa has cheaped out on suppliers to compete with autozone customers, they pretty well abandoned the professional market a couple of years ago. You'll find that Car Quest has and can get a lot more for your truck and engine than napa can and better quality stuff I was pretty ticked off when we lost ours but it was their own fault, they opened up right in between two discount parts joints, that was suicide from the start.

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that is good to know, thanks for that bit of information. Car-quest is only about 7 miles from my house (my closest parts store, but was always turned off of the brand from horror stories)

Maybe they carry the housing i want :)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a CarQuest filter on my rig for a while. Worked fine.

As far as Advance....... looking around their site, all I found as far as coolant filters were made by Fram. Not my favorite filter brand for sure.

Heath

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get great service at Napa, locally here that's where KanadianCC4x4 (Kaleb) works and he's in the know! I also get great service in Osoyoos for parts from Pheonix auto parts and Lordco, they both handle my odd requests with aplomb.

Nice having friends in the business that know *** they are doing....go to Penticton and ask for a fuel pressure regulator with a return line, or worse yet a boost referenced regulator and get nothing but huh...whats that?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i am not sure about advance but i used to work at autozone, you just had to hit one of the F something keys to bring up a cross referance that would referance any number you decided to dump in. it would pull manufacturers and store part numbers allong with barcode info or anything it could dig up. then it would give you a description of everythign it brought up so you could filter through it. a number might bring up a champion spark plug, a battery and fuzzy dice. it was easy to narrow it down from there.

i cant imagine advance would not have that, now if they know how to use it or not that is another thing. most guys dont know how to go through the books well and honestly if they really were smart enough to be good they probubly moved on to a better paying job. yea there are some idiots there but you get what you pay for sometimes.