Coolant filter question

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Andy, I just went and measured my hoses, and with some overshot, I did it with eight feet of 5/8" ID Heater Hose. Might not hurt to get an extra foot or so to make yourself some chafing gear around the wear points, because I know I would have holes If my setup didn't have it.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i've been thinking of doing this on the 6.9, but i don't want it overly complicated, can't i run the coolant straight through the filter either before or after the heatercore?

-Jon

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Jon, If you plumb it up in a direct flow setup, you will reduce the output of your heater. It's not nearly as complex as it looks, so I would go ahead and set it up as a bypass.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
It's designed for bypass. The flow through the filter base is much smaller and more restricted than the heater core, or the heater hose for that matter, so to maintain proper flow, it needs to be in a bypass setup. If you want, I can inventory the parts that I used the plumb it up.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
It's designed for bypass. The flow through the filter base is much smaller and more restricted than the heater core, or the heater hose for that matter, so to maintain proper flow, it needs to be in a bypass setup. If you want, I can inventory the parts that I used the plumb it up.

yeah, if ya wouldn't mind make a list and if ya can snap a pic. :D

-Jon

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Sure thing. If the pics that I posted earlier in the tread aren't enough, let me know what shots you need, and I'll get 'em.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online