COME GET IT!

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
:mad: This truck has to go! The hub bearings split apart in the rear end on the passenger side and the axle started to come out of the housing this truck is gunna drive me nuts. I jsut repalced all this stuff in the front and spent $300. Now the rears going out and I cant take it any more. Make me a decent offer and its your!:mad::mad:

sassyrel

Reaction score
:mad: This truck has to go! The hub bearings split apart in the rear end on the passenger side and the axle started to come out of the housing this truck is gunna drive me nuts. I jsut repalced all this stuff in the front and spent $300. Now the rears going out and I cant take it any more. Make me a decent offer and its your!:mad::mad:

keep going--split bearings-- is V E R Y unusual!!!!! ive only seen that ONCE--in over forty years of wrenching

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Well I just cant afford it any more and the labdlord is threating to kick me out because it had been broke down so much. Also my father in law in tired of helping with repairs and wants it gone NOW!

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say it but >old is old > and, old vehicles will always need something. Depends on when you've just had enough ;Really
My junks been pampered and well maintained all it's life, since new. I could take it cross country tomorrow with zero problems...or...it could die from (whatever)when I return the local movie I rented.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
It was never really maintained by the po and had sat for several years. Ive spent over 3 grand keeping on the road and the rear end was my next project but funda are low and my lil girl is more important than the truck. Family is not willing to help anymore and its time to go.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Any possibility of just finding a Sterling rear on CL? I just saw one in my neck of the woods for 100 bucks. Shoot, I've got one off my parts truck sitting in central Oregon (not that that helps you much), but replacing a whole rear end has got to be cheap and would probably only take 2 or 3 hours.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
I understand that man. But money is tight and and my lil girls first birthday is coming soon and I will not miss out on that cus of this darn truck. I cant aggorf to keep throwing money at it. Ive spent over three grand in repairs ina yr and a half. Just cant do it anymore. If noboby here shows interest Im trading for a bronco tomm morning.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Thanks brother. Just cant take it anymore. Im gunna cut my losses and move on. Plus the Bronco this dude had is pretty sweet. Its a 78 with a 400 BB and a 4 speed. It has minor rust around the rear fenders but nothing to get crazy about. Plus it runs and drives good. This will be my tinker toy and I will be getting a family car in the next week or two.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
That 400 4 speed combo is gonna suck your wallet dry with it's non existent fuel mileage. But if it's reliable, you do what ya gotta do.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
The truck is nowhere reliable. One day it starts fine then the next day nothing. I spent $600 in the last month only to have two or three more problems pop up. I know the Bronco pretty good and it has loads of work done to it. The only thing with the bronco is some fender rot. There a re plenty of Broncs in the local yards so that is not a problem. Im just tired of being worried about breaking done non stop. Im gunna get the Bronc and then buy a Cherokke or something for the family.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
So a bad day just went to hell. i find anybody to buy the truck so my father in law is junking it for $500. I know it not a great truck but its a 4 wheel drive diesel that runs! It only needs $50 worth of work to be able to drive anywhere you want and hes trying to junk it. Why does nothing ever go right for me?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
id give $500 for it lol. and no offense but id tell your father in law to kiss my a$$. is it his truck? if not he has no right to do anything with the truck. not even touch it.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Its my truck I paid for it and did all the work to it. But its in his wifes name for cheaper insurance. $34 a month. I just think its a major rip off for a running four wheel drive diesel with no rust.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
ahh thats where you screwed up. legally thats her truck. i would pull the insurance and go get that title tranfered into my name without licensing it as fast i could get to the dmv. then he cant touch it.