Color Blend Test

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the only piece I am missing is the drivers side kick panel. I have the ankle vent portion but not the piece that touches the sill plate and covers the hole where the floor switch connector comes out of. The portion labeled 02344. Mine is non AC, base mode if that makes a difference.

If the bullnose and bricknose are the same I might have a good red one here.

Last edited:

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only piece I am missing is the drivers side kick panel. I have the ankle vent portion but not the piece that touches the sill plate and covers the hole where the floor switch connector comes out of. The portion labeled 02344. Mine is non AC, base mode if that makes a difference.

The parts truck I nabbed my seat from was missing that trim piece and the seat belts. My seat belts work but are coated in chocolate and candy. Real grubby.

You must be registered for see images attach

I should have the kick panel and a set of belts. I'll check in the morning and send you some pics.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being that the buckets were in place of bench with the bench belts, they were mainly on the floor. Too bad there isn’t a belt spray in a can

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted to follow up. The paint does not get sticky in a hot 84* cab. It marks about the same as the original but has a chalkier feel vs stock.
As for color, well, not the best. On the top of my door I lightly sprayed and it blended in ok.

In the photo however, you can see clearly it is different. My gauge pod that was black to start on left, original in middle, and the piece beneath the column that started grey. Both pieces received three coats.

Its a bit deceiving as it goes on as you would imagine the red would look off the showroom floor. Go have a beer, come back, and she’s dried purple. I can live with a rainbow dash for now, but one day I’ll make it right.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At my buddies shop we have a guy that comes in just to color match faded interior on the cars. So let's say you always parked your car in X position for 20 years and now a cross section of the interior is faded differently, but we have to replace a section of it. He then matches the fade so it all blends perfect.

Really an art.
I'm not artistic. Good thing black is my favorite automotive color and I paint everything black.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At my buddies shop we have a guy that comes in just to color match faded interior on the cars. So let's say you always parked your car in X position for 20 years and now a cross section of the interior is faded differently, but we have to replace a section of it. He then matches the fade so it all blends perfect.

Really an art.
I'm not artistic. Good thing black is my favorite automotive color and I paint everything black.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sounds like a legit profession.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance