Cold Start Video

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been promising this for a while, and, I got up a bit early this morning, so, I finally got around to making this.
Was -31C(~-24F) this morning, truck was plugged in. This is with a single group 31 battery, I think maybe a couple bad glows(haven't tested them) and an IP that is on it's way out... Oil is 0W40 full synth.
http://www.bigblocksix.com/f100swb/-31coldstart.wmv

Yes, I ran the glows and started it from under the hood, I almost always do first start of the day(check the fluids every morning.) And that buzzing you hear that slowly speeds up before I start it is the fuel pump... It's that cold... LOL

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
WOW DUDE!!!! Thats ******* COLD!
Thats like, exposed body parts fall off after 30 seconds exposure cold! We've seen a few -25F mornings here but they are rare and no one goes anywhere when it is. lol
Gotta give you canadians credit, you sure are tough SOB's to the cold weather.

I think it started great! For being that cold, with a bad pump, and a few bad GP's.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh how I love the scrunchy sound of boots on extremely cold snow!

As for starting it did well considering what you mentioned your problems are with the truck.

Gotta love that Great Northern Cold front weather EH!

Reaction score
That was neat! My favorite part was hearing you walk in the snow.

I used to haul Toilet Paper to Edmonton and I have tried to describe the snow to friends and family...