Clutch size

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
so an 11 OR 12" clutch will fit on the flywheel for a 6.9L????

what's the "best" recommendation for towing, and pulling sleds at the truck pulls, i think i'll need alotta bite. ;Sweet i've looked around. had some suggestions for LUK clutches, seen some kevlar stuff, i have no idea but the clutch is another thing i'd like to cross off the list soon.... LOL

-Jon

Exekiel69

Reaction score
so an 11 OR 12" clutch will fit on the flywheel for a 6.9L????

what's the "best" recommendation for towing, and pulling sleds at the truck pulls, i think i'll need alotta bite. ;Sweet i've looked around. had some suggestions for LUK clutches, seen some kevlar stuff, i have no idea but the clutch is another thing i'd like to cross off the list soon.... LOL

-Jon

I have the luk clutch and don't think it grabs very well (customer service is good dough), If You want something better I would call the guy at southbend, they have better reputation.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've got a kevlar clutch lining and I love it. smooth engagement even when trying to yank the 5er out of a tough spot and even after a long session of slipping the thing, it doesn't complain.

I got a rebuilt clutch set from Ft Wayne Clutch with the kevlar lining . Price was great and it's the best looking rebuilt clutch I've ever seen ( they do them all in house ) It looks like they have some up on ebay right now here
Pretty hard to go wrong at $110 shipped ;Sweet
I picked up a kevlar pilot bushing from them to go with it for a few extra bucks.

---Robert

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
ok, that's what i was thinking of going with. and will a 12 and 11" fit on the flywheels or are there 2 different flywheels?

-Jon

p.s.. that clutch kit says it's for an 88-94 7.3, will it fit a '87 6.9 flywheel??

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
New that I can't tell you. That's an odd one, I've looked at a few websites some say the clutch is the same '87-94 and some '88-94.
I'm sure someone around here knows that one

--------Robert

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you give those folks a call, I imagine they have one to fit yours, or they can rebuild your old one.

------Robert