clutch master?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a choice? Rockauto lists a couple that have a 7/8 Bore. They do not say on the other brands.

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the LuK LMC170 on my truck. I can’t find the bore listed anywhere, but I can tell you it works great.

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a choice? Rockauto lists a couple that have a 7/8 Bore. They do not say on the other brands.
This is a totally different application than stock. I'll be using a wildwood master. Would it be better to go up or down an 1/8"?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's simple hydraulics. Going down in size will make the pedal easier to push, but you will have to push it farther for it to release the clutch.

Going up in size will increase the effort it takes to push the clutch, but the travel will be less.

Just like the little hydraulic bottle jacks. They all have pretty much the same piston under the handle that you pump. A 2 ton jack will pump up quickly, but requires a lot more pressure on the handle under load. A 10 ton jack pumps easily lifting a load, but it takes many strokes of the handle to make it extend.

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's simple hydraulics. Going down in size will make the pedal easier to push, but you will have to push it farther for it to release the clutch.

Going up in size will increase the effort it takes to push the clutch, but the travel will be less.

Just like the little hydraulic bottle jacks. They all have pretty much the same piston under the handle that you pump. A 2 ton jack will pump up quickly, but requires a lot more pressure on the handle under load. A 10 ton jack pumps easily lifting a load, but it takes many strokes of the handle to make it extend.

Thanks. Hyd is not one of my strong points

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Hyd is not one of my strong points
Think of it like gear ratios or sprockets.

Small gear or sprocket turning a large gear or sprocket has a lot of power, but has to turn many turns. So you have lots of power, but requires more travel distance.

Big gear or sprocket turning a small gear or sprocket, you lose power but you gain speed and travel distance, the small gear or sprocket will turn many turns for one turn of the large gear or sprocket.

Think of the bore/pistons as gears or sprockets. They are different sizes, so the gear ratio thing applies to them as far as distance traveled and power ratio.