Clutch linkage? On side of road with kid

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
If you have a 5 speed it might not be so easy. Mine hated to float gears, my old 4 speed and my 6 speed on my swap can do it all day long. This happened to me earlier this year and I still drove an hour out and back to not be late.

Yea that bolt is not stock, it should be a smooth round shaft. They really wear in the metal though when the plastic bushing goes. I thought you "could possibly " still get just the small arm that bolts on to the pedal assy through Ford.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
On another note, if you have trouble bleeding the new master cylinder try lifting up on the clutch pedal. I had to figure this out the hard way when doing mine. My pedal will not rise high enough to expose the internal hole in the master cylinder to allow fluid to pass. Once I figured put to lift the pedal I bleed it by myself with no pedal pushing in a minute.

Just crack the bleeder and close it when it is done leaking air.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you can readily buy just the shaft. But otherwise no reason to replace the whole thing, imo.
If you do the heim joint, you just cut a little off the current rod.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
I have an extra clutch shaft I ship you if you need

subway

Reaction score
That's why I specified clutch shaft lol my wifey guards me jealously, I guess she likes me for some reason hahaha

Sent you a message through the book of faces.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I did mean clutch linkage, if you're selling yes I'd like to purchase please

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you loosen the nut and try pinch the end of the rod under the washer? Can’t really see how much is left of it but you may be able to get away with that if there’s enough to bite

I thought I responded to this, sorry. That actually did work to move off the bad part of the road I was on but came off again, thank you! I was in the way of Jersey people getting their 1pm Dunkies haha. That's more scary than being on 78

subway

Reaction score
This is what I can send you. Sorry I don't have the arm for the pedal.

It looked like your arm to the master cylinder was trashed also.
You must be registered for see images attach

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have an auto OBS laying around, or happen through a junkyard you can find the bypass plug for the clutch switch. Auto trucks have the harness tucked up under the driver's side dash which would normally plug into the clutch pedal box.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I MIGHT have my old pedal assembly sitting around in the shed, and if so I will find it this weekend.
No guarantees about it, but if it's there, it had a cracked bracket where it mounted to the underside of the dash by the column, otherwise it was good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.