Clutch linkage? On side of road with kid

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To make it quick I tried starting it to leave and it made a click noise and had to push clutch hard to floor to start

Was shifting during a turn and pedal went right to floor. Now on side of road with no shoulder and with my 3 year old.

AAA having hard tine finding truck that can tow this crew can long bed 93 f350

Anything I can do to get home?

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To make it quick I tried starting it to leave and it made a click noise and had to push clutch hard to floor to start

Was shifting during a turn and pedal went right to floor. Now on side of road with no shoulder and with my 3 year old.

AAA having hard tine finding truck that can tow this crew can long bed 93 f350

Anything I can do to get home?

Snapped here
You must be registered for see images

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the slave go out on mine once. Did the old slip shift (shift w/o clutch). Put it in gear, then start it to get going. Let off the throttle to get it out of gear and slowly let it lower rpms to match gear rotation to the next gear and slide the shifter into the next gear. Downshifting is exact opposite. When coming to a stop, slide it out of gear, shut off the engine , put it in gear and repeat. I did this about 8 miles thru town to get mine home. Not the best on starters or syncros, but I got home with my son (impressed the hell out of him, too) Granted, I have been a professional truck driver for over 30 years so it wasn't that big of a deal for me, but I don't see any other way except a tow.

Also, I have bypassed the clutch switch to be able to start it w/o pushing in the clutch.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you loosen the nut and try pinch the end of the rod under the washer? Can’t really see how much is left of it but you may be able to get away with that if there’s enough to bite

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know how to float gears? Do you have any wire to bypass the clutch switch?

You can start it in gear and float them. When you need to stop, shift to neutral. Shut off the engine, put in gear and start again when you need to go.....

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a ride for the kid and I. AAA has sent 2 trucks so far that won't fit this long pig!

That bolt doesnt look stock does it? I'm on way back soon and will do exactly that to try to get it to my dad's at least. He is around the corner from where I broke down but about 40 min from me

How do I bypass the clutch safety switch to start truck? Am I the last person that has one haha

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a ride for the kid and I. AAA has sent 2 trucks so far that won't fit this long pig!

That bolt doesnt look stock does it? I'm on way back soon and will do exactly that to try to get it to my dad's at least. He is around the corner from where I broke down but about 40 min from me

How do I bypass the clutch safety switch to start truck? Am I the last person that has one haha

Truck is in Somerset. I now live by Clinton/whitehouse area. If no tow ill repair it at my dad's. My trailer won't fit it. The cent barely fit haha

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The plug in your picture should contain the wires needed to be jumped. You may also try lining up the rod with the pivot and keep pressure on the clutch pedal, it might be enough to keep it seated to get off and started.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate AAA. My dad came and got me and the 3 year old so I could get my 5 year old off the bus. And she gwts off the bus with a 102f fever!

My cousin stays with my truck so she can pretend to be me when they arrive. I made the call and they finally show up at 5.15 to tow it.

Anyway it looks like I should try to get a new pedal assy as well as a slave?
You must be registered for see images attach

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know how to float gears? Do you have any wire to bypass the clutch switch?

You can start it in gear and float them. When you need to stop, shift to neutral. Shut off the engine, put in gear and start again when you need to go.....
Looks like something I need to learn!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online