Clutch Choice

localrich

Reaction score
ok i've decided to put a clutch in the 250 the throwout bearing is making noise ( both have 155k ) so while i'm in there i might as well do a clutch.

What brand do you recomend?
Where should i spend my money at?
Are the centerforce Dual Friction any good in a diesel?

Thanks Rich

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
LUK single mass f/w and clutches are the way to go for IDI's ;Sweet
Tom Hause and crue at Carolina Clutch are awsome!LINKY

The clutch pressure plate/friction disc is larger dia and the kit comes complete.......with new f/w bolts,T/O brg, spline tool....all for less than US$600....you can't even touch a factory DMFW alone for that :puke:

You will most likely need to up-grade the clutch master/slave cyls at this time due to the age of the existing units.

have you ever felt the clutch pedal on a Honda :eek: ....that is how a LUK feels in your diesel truck ;Sweet

Check them out and best of luck whichever road you choose:cheers:
GEO

Last edited:

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
The Luk is the way to go they are a tad grabby but you get use to it. The one in my truck has never slipped even with 3 ton on the truck churning through axle deep mud. I drove a F-350 4x4 IDI last year for 30mins to deliver the truck to someone. It was a 5spd it had the DMF man the clutch pedal was like a rock compared to my truck with the Luk with a light pedal feel.

When I got prices on a rebuilt DMF I damn near :number2 I ordered the Luk flywheel and clutch for the same price as the DMF the clutch for the DMF was another 200 something dollars.

Would I reccomend the Luk you bet I wouldn't have anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online