CL Ranger/Cummins

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Typical racketeering is what it is.when I was looking for diesel/alt fuel vehicles to purchase, I noticed a trend where vehicles that started settling into a old price point shot through the roof.

Old diesel VW rabbits/trucks that almost hit "I'll pay you to take it" prices suddenly shot up to 4,5,6,7k+ price points

CNG/propane conversions (either factory or shady aftermarket/shade tree) did the same thing. Even problematic conversions like the 5.4 V8's needing replacement control boards eventually hit outer space in price... Greed greed greed

The prices are so out of control,and obviously continuing the trend. It will take years/decades to "break even" on the fuel savings is the sad part.

The 3.9 Cummins above is ironic, as those prices went psycho also for the same reason: greed and racketeering. What used to be a dig it out of the junkyard or a bread van pursuit for $400 or less is now a $3k+ price tag. Usually just the engine!

Better get off my soap box....

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
Hack job. No way I would buy anything that poorly built.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been to Honduras several times. Seems like every small pickup down in Central America has a 4 cylinder diesel in them. Lots of Rangers and the most desired truck....the Toyota Hi-Lux. I have wished more than once that I could get one back here to the states, but I don't think it would be really feasible.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I question the overflow bottle being thrown in. It does look like a hack job. No way would I even spend a Saturday looking at that for 14k. For 5K maybe. I will say that it is hard to judge without seeing it in person, but 14k? What did that truck go for when it was new?
Archie

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
I question the overflow bottle being thrown in. It does look like a hack job. No way would I even spend a Saturday looking at that for 14k. For 5K maybe. I will say that it is hard to judge without seeing it in person, but 14k? What did that truck go for when it was new?
Archie

if memory serves me right, depending on options/trim levels between 15-20k. maybe a little more then that

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember one thing about CL/Kijiji/AutoTrader: anybody can ask anything for anything. Greatest part about this country: free market almost always makes things right. Ranger Dude has obviously priced his rig at what most folks would call nearly triple a reasonable cost, but if he gets it, it means somebody "loved it that much". The resto mod super cab F250 is a case where somebody has gone overboard on doing what they thought was a best of everything restoration/update. If you add up the parts and reasonable labor rates, I bet it pretty close to $40K, but again, if he gets that price that means somebody is willing to pay it. If nobody is interested in either of these rigs, it will just be chalked up to being a meaningless for sale posting, and eventually they will expire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online