Cheap ZF-5 4x4 Trans

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I cant believe you still havent sold this thing.

I thought it was a 2 wheel drive one? beings you had a divorced TC on it.

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
If I was workin right now I'd come get it.

Thats gonna be my problem here soon. They told me at work, that layoffs will be started as of Monday. Im 6th on the list!

I am willing to trade it, and maybe some extra cash for a 4wd lil truck or explorer to drive. It sux not having a vehical

masterbeavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is your trans going to work on a 460?? Is there a way to machine the belhousing to accept the other pattern? I dont have a ZF diesel to compare the 460 pattern to, thought maybe you knew something I did not?

You must be registered for see images attach

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
The bell housing for the 6.9 and 7.3 is the same as a 429 and 460. Even the 351M/400. I took the bellhousing from a gas 460 with a 4spd and put it on my last 6.9, bc I blew the other one apart.

I believe the C-6 is different, at least thats what I have been told.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
The bell housing for the 6.9 and 7.3 is the same as a 429 and 460. Even the 351M/400. I took the bellhousing from a gas 460 with a 4spd and put it on my last 6.9, bc I blew the other one apart.

I believe the C-6 is different, at least thats what I have been told.

i have to disagree there, the IH bolt pattern is its own and dousent bolt up to a gasser. Russ type4 here has made on work but it took some machine work drilling the holes.

sorry,

that is an awsome price though with my BIL found it before. good luck with everything.

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
Thanks! I know I drilled the holes out, forgot to mention that.

I held a 351M bellhousing up to my 6.9 and if it wasnt for it being not deep enough, it would of bolted on. Did I have some weird 6.9 in my old 79?

I think on the safe side im gonna delete that to same my own butt!

childildersj76

Reaction score
The Zf I installed in my powerstroke is from a 460 truck, the only thing I had to do is drill two of the holes to 5/8" to fit over the dowell pins the rest I left alone and installed. Works great except the Gear ratios are different in the gasser one I got.