Changed my coolant today.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
First off...what a job!

Second off...BOTH of my block drains came out EASILY!!;Really:eek:

And my suspicions were true from this thread I started on my gauges not working correctly if y'all remember.

Today I found out why. My coolant, was the MOST DISGUSTING color green/grey you can imagine. I fuggured that had something to do with it, but when I removed the right sie of my engine to get at the thermostat housing I got a nice little surprise.

The little "collar" that goes on the underside of the thermostats came apart and lodged the thermostat WIDE OPEN. Which explains the NO HEAT and NO factory temperature gauge. I could BARELY hit 180* climbing a hill at highway speeds with the bra over the grill last week.

Today, with NO bra on...I hit 205* about a mile from home with only 5 minutes idlign in the driveway before hand ;Sweet FIXED!!

Oh, and I only paid $5.50 for my thermostat and gaskets...compared to almost $90 at the local Ferd Stealership!! HA! GO team Ebay!

91/2 7.3idi

BarnyardFabrication
Reaction score
i paid like $25 for my thermostat with the gasket at ford last week. although for got you are in Canada

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember this summer when I went in to Oreillys to get my thermostat and figured it would be under 5.00 and it was over 20 I was shocked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online