CDR ? I couldn't find the answer too

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did a search and got a lot of good info but didn't find anything with this ? I have the CDR mounted on the valve cover. Can I just run a tube off of it under the truck or does it have to go into the intake? Trying to figure out how to get all this oil to stay out of my intake and that would do the trick if it will work.

7bicks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search for " Road Draft Tube" or RDT. I do not have one but drafted down to the ground is how it is done.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil mess will be all over your undercarriage istead of the intake. Plus your truck will appear to smoke out of the tube. It will be aggravating at every stop light when everyone is pointing at your truck like it's on fire.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Im not sure if this would work but you could always weld a bung on the exhuast and have the fumes run through the exhaust?

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the exhaust check valve and straight tube in the exhaust at 45 degree angle. Had no effect. I put a pressure gauge on the opening and actually had 3 psi back pressure at high rpm. Full Banks 3" exhaust. I'm taking the banks muffler out and straight piping it to remove the back pressure. I understand you need exaust pulses to provide a vacuum at the tube. Turbos smooth out those pulses. You also need some velocity. I suspect I am lacking there too. So I have a similiar question. I want to run the hose from my cdr to a oil seperator and then to the intake. Anyone done this?

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
Had no effect on what? I don't understand why you would need vacuum, it doesn't seem like you are trying to PULL out the oil, just dispose of any that would be in the vapors? Input any one?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I have the Banks adapter. Routed off that with 1-1/2 vinyl, down to the frame, then 1-1/2 conduit to the rear of the truck.

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
Another question...does any one know the reason these motors tend to pull the vapors to the rear cyls. and is this the same for both the Turbos and the N/As?

cetanefreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Think it pulls the vapors to the back cylinders because the CDR dumps into the back of the manifold, so no it would not be that way on a turbo application as the CDR dump before the turbo and all the cylinders would get an equal amount.