CAT delete options..

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Found a cat under my truck tonight and I know I don't want it..

Is it better to remove the whole assembly, or just use a drill and screw driver?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Put a Dog under the truck.....end of cat problem lol. J/K

I am not sure of the proper way, but we used a big hammer and a screwdriver to beat the guts out of the cats on the old pickups.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd use caution on removing it with great prejudice. with what's going on in kali with smogging diesels, you're a fool to ditch it. go down to a muffler shop, have them gently remove it and weld in a replacement pipe. Put the cat aside, you never know if you just might need it.cookoo

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
When I gutted them in the past, I took them off and used a long punch attachment on an air hammer. It was probably a lot less work than a hammer and screwdriver.

yoslick

Reaction score
When I gutted them in the past, I took them off and used a long punch attachment on an air hammer. It was probably a lot less work than a hammer and screwdriver.

+1 just remove the bolts at the front and have at it, pretty simple and still looks like a cat from the outside just gutted!!

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Cash that thing in! I assume its like a regular gasoline cat. Worth alot of money atleast around here. If its missing I didnt do it..................;burnout

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
you can replace it with a straight pipe, I cut right behind the flange and go from there.
dont know what the emmissons laws will be in the futer though.
as for value, depends who ya sell it to, one guy would take mine for free, the other paid 80 each.

wyldhillbillie

Reaction score
took my cat off and cashed it in. paid a $100!!!! easily paid for a piece of pipe to replace and then had beer money.;Sweet