Can two different parts have the same Ford part number

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I am trying to buy a new inlet for the van and I have been looking around for a while. I have determined that the part number for the 1992 air inlet is E3UZ9B676B. However, it appears the inlet for the 1991 and previous years has the same part number but from all the drawings I can find it looks completely different. So my question is, are the drawings I am finding incorrect or are the part numbers incorrect?

My main dilemma is this ebay ad...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-90...76B-/111359020302?hash=item19ed83cd0e&vxp=mtr

It has the correct part number, and correct years listed, but the diagram shows the part from the pre 1991 vans. I've asked the seller to provide an actual picture but apparently that's not too common and seems to be too big of a hassel for them to do it, hah. Seeing they're the only one selling them that I can find, i don't have much choice.

Thanks.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
E3UZ9B676B well the E means 1980's and the 3 means 1983, U is for econoline van. That said I googled the part and came up with this
http://www.newautoparts.com/ford/oe-ford/e3uz9b676b
which list it up from 1986 to 1994 so apparently it was used for a lot of years.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That ebay pic sure looks like the same configuration I have/had on my 84 Class C motorhome, which is built on a E350 cutaway chassis. I did away with it on mine, the vacuum gate is to cut down the air flow in winter until the engine is warmed up. Emissions BS. It's a 460 CID gasser, might be different for a Diesel as the vacuum source is from the VP. That maybe where your getting the two different P/N's.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I just went ahead and got it. If it's wrong I'll just pay a little shipping to return I guess. The correct years are listed in the description, and the drawing does say it may not match the part. So who knows...