C6 tranny help!!

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having really hard shifts unless I floor it.Tranny was rebuilt about 1-2 yrs.
I have a US GEARS OD hooked up to it that isn't functioning.
Even when downshifting sometimes I hear a loud clunk!!
Any help I appreciate!!

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check for a vacuum leak in the line from the engine to the vacuum modulator on the back of the transmission, it runs down from the back of the engine on top of the transmission to the rear of the transmission, the modulator itself can be bad and or could need adjustment also

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks!! If I plan on replacing the vacuum line should I upgrade or keep oem o/d of line?

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would keep the oem size, no need to change the size, dont know on your truck but mine is a metal line, just giving you a heads up

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the vacuum regulating valve??On driver side of injection pump.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anywhere vacuum can be lost is a possibility, i would start at the transmission line and go from there to make sure that is ok, that vacuum modulator controls the shift points in the transmission so if there is loss of vacuum then it will affect shifting, there are other members that have had the same issue, might be able to search and see if there are other common issues with that, but i think you might have posted this in the wrong section so not many are seeing it, is this for the 1989 f350 in your signature? if it is then you should post in the 6.9 and 7.3 idi section,

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah,I've done some research but I was looking for E40d trannys not knowing I had a C6 tranny.my Dunbar fault obviously!
The truck is new to me plus I got like 2 other threads going on in that section trying to figure out some other stuff though.Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Staff online