buying a turbo

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i think i have finally have the money for a turbo. i think i am going to go for a new one. My question is does anyone know if ats is selling there turbo kits now i know that they stopped for a while? IF not i guess that the only other option is hypermax. How are there kits compared to ats?

7.3shrk

I was on their website the other day, and they listed them for about 2K.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey if you're going to buy new, I would tend to vote for hypermax. They have a lot better customer support than ATS. Also Huff is known to several other guys here and is a dealer. He'll possibly give a small break, I don't know if he does anymore or not, but he's a great guy to deal with. Knows his IDIs too. Nothing wrong with the ATS unit either, think they have that Aurora 2000 turbo instead of the factory wastegated system that they sold for years. Their stuff is good, its just their customer service that could use some help in many cases. If you do want to buy ATS it might be worthwhile going through one of their dealers, as the prices are usually just as cheap and I have dealt with J&H Diesel in Mississippi, they seem to be good folks, as well as Central Motive Power in Albuquerque NM which has a great rep with Tom and Ryan and they helped dig up obsolete parts for my non gated ATS install. Banks may still have a few sidewinders but they are $3200 for the kit and set to be discontinued as of this month. They would be my last choice, especially for the $$$ Good luck, you're fixing to love your truck even more once it is fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin