Bully Dog Power Programmer.

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
AKA BDPP

Similar in design and features of the Quad Stealth, but different in horsepower tunes and paint.

I have one and i will list the +/- for it.

The Good:
All power tunes load quickly after the initial download of factory information is stored from the ECM
The EGT's are quite low for all levels except the 155hp tune
Speed limiter delete... definately a plus when passing lesser vehicles
Code read and clear option .... Definately a must to see what is happening to your truck if you happen to throw a code on the road.
Tire Size Recalibration.... 'Nuff Said
'0' tune, good for everyday valet mode
ALDL cable is high quality
Case is rugged too!
Stacks well with other boxes

The Bad:
Excessive timing/ pilot injection noise is irritating and could be reduced
Buttons to change levels are cheesy
NO TRANNY MONITORING

Conclusion: Good design overall if you can deal with the few quirks the unit has, more for the Boy-Racer than for the RVer due to lack of tranny monitoring. Fuel economy is good with the timing advance at the expense of a little noise, top end rush is truly addictive.
3.5 stars/5

duramax man

Reaction score
great review juice:

i run one as well stacked with with a 110va, if you are thinking of going with the stack i was able to only run in the 70hp level due to limping the tranny beyond that point, my dealer took the timing out of the power pup and that way when stacking it is no louder than stock, but keep in mind when doing this, you will need a tranny upgrade soon, i as well get great mileage, latter:D

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
IIRC the Quad/Bully box are the same inside, the only difference is the programming inside of it.

Quads box you can get up to 215hp vs bully's 155 hp.
both remove the speed limiter but quads box will allow a 3500rpm limit.

right now i am stacking hot juice and the power pup at 155 both boxes running full timing.
A little on the CTD rattle side, but really decent fuel economy until you push it.

It will zing 5th like nobodys business

Tranny will be very very soon:)

flhrciblueice

"Git 'R Dun!"
Reaction score
Originally posted by Got Juice?
IIRC the Quad/Bully box are the same inside, the only difference is the programming inside of it.

Quads box you can get up to 215hp vs bully's 155 hp.
both remove the speed limiter but quads box will allow a 3500rpm limit.

So.......
If they are the same box and I just wanted one for the lower/towing type tunes, I should just go with the cheapest one?
I've been debating the Juice vs Quad for a while now. I will be doing no racing and don't care about being the dyno king. I just want to see a little better economy and hold od better when loaded. Thanks for your insight GJ.
:thanks:

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
IMHO....juice still fits my needs better, and i do tow more than most, more often than most.
i like the fact that juice is monitoring the tranny

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the PUP and in the tow mode it made noticable difference in tourque, havent tried the other settings yet but if they improve it as much as the 1st setting this little fellow will be perfect for old folks like me

cyclone

Reaction score
I keep in stock the bully dog with no timing for stacking this keeps down the injector noise

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
fuel mileage is pretty goos when running the dog on lowest setting and the juie on timing only.

And for WOT Blasts the only noise you hear are the passengers screaming!

Still noisy even without the edge connected, relative to a stocker, but not objectionable.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Juice
Only ***** I have is the tranny defueling, is there anyway to change this or are there programers out there that controlls the defueling. The pup would be perfect if wasn't for this
Geno

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
That's funny you mention that, when used singly, the juice and the BDOG there is defuel in both units,but whn stacked, the defuelling is almost none.... probably not the best from a transmission longevity standpoint, but the light (and i do mean light) throttle upshift from 1st to second will loop the truck on slightly damp pavement and leave light rubber in the dry, which might just be due to the DTT T/C i am running right now.
Can't tell you the % number, but a stocker is around 85% and this one is tighter than what DTT can put in a street driven dodge.... Gotta luv the shift from P to D and the rearend squats 1"!
As if the truck is sayin ok, bring it on, i'll show you what i can do!
LOL
So far the testing is going well, recording temps of trans, ambient temps and towing temps etc. Fuel econ is down 1mpg in town, but up on the highway, so that part is a wash. More brake pedal is required at a light, but with the tighter convertor the engine's inherent turbo lag shows up more than on a looser convertor. When it finds the gear though, no hesitation....just turbine smooth power. Even when converted back to stock power levels the trans makes better use of the available power.

Last edited:

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a hound for a 6.0 ford new in the box never been hooked up cheap
Geno