BTS or Monster Box

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you had to make a choice of the Monster Box trans made by Jaspers Automotive ot the BTS trans, which would you take and why. Both manufactures offer the same warranty and are about the same cost. Either will last a long time doing what I ask of it.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
I don't have either. I'm still on my original E40D, but when it goes, I'll go with the BTS. I've spoken to Brian and I liked him. I also like dealing with a small privately owned company that still believes in quality more than quantity. I believe a company such as Jasper does not have your best interest in mind. Also, too many bad stories about Jasper's quality and warranty service have been told here and on TDS.

Now there are disadvantages, such as nationwide warranty to consider. Which BTS cannot offer as easily as Jasper. Also, Brian prefers you bring your truck to Arkansas for him to install (price includes installation whether you have it shipped to you or you take it to him.)

BTW, will Jasper warrant the Monster Box for drag racing or sled pulling? Brian at BTS will.

It is ultimately your choice, but I don't think you will not go wrong with BTS.

olivera149

Reaction score
this is taken off of ken's site at dps under ps-trans upgrades

"Warranty

Factory Tech Monster Box Transmission Assemblies are intended for racing and performance use, and we warranty them for that. Any Monster Box that fails will be replaced, INCLUDING SHIPPING, PARTS, AND LABOR! for 24 months after purchase date"

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to put the check mark in the BTS box.

That said, I'm having trouble with my BTS that may or MAY NOT be attributable to Brian's work. I occasionally get heavy black smoke in Reverse, and it'll lug down in 1 and 2 and try to stall if I shift out of Reverse when getting the smoke. It doesn't smoke every time--usually when the trans it hot and a trailer is hooked up. God knows what it could be.

I recommend BTS because I stopped by his shop on my way east a few weeks ago and met Brian and everyone in his shop. We thought we'd found the problem with my trans--it worked fine after I left his shop until I backed the car trailer in the driveway of our "new" home.

I am leaning toward an electrical gremlin.

Anyway, Brian is a standup guy. He and his folks were very helpful meeting all my needs (I was traveling across the country with a trailer), fed me lunch, told me where I could get a room, and are generally outstanding people. I'm not the only one who will vouch for Brian... there are others who have nothing but positive comments about him and the way he treats his customers.

He timed my truck--the first time it has been timed correctly--and adjusted a door for me. Free of charge. I got out of there for the cost of my hotel room, dinner one night, and lunch the next day.

I'd go with Brian's transmission, based on my experience with him.

Mike

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a monster box in my 95.jasper does not build the transmission.they only take care of the warranty and shipping of the new tranny to you and pick up of the core.i got mine from bob@ dieselsite.com.bob and his guys build the trannies in his shop as all MB distributers do.im more than happy with it.it has many passes down the 1/4 mile.a few smokers and plenty of street pounding as can be seen in many of my videos.im nothing nice to that truck. ;Sweet

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike-have you gotten the smoke in reverse situation fixed? I am sure that Brian would have some more ideas about the stall issue.